OBJECTIVE. This article aims to familiarize radiologists with the terms used to describe clinicoradiologic mismatch in blunt spinal cord injuries, and also assesses MRI findings and their prognostic value for both pediatric and adult patients. CONCLUSION. Knowledge of the lexicon of spinal cord injury without radiographic abnormality, the spectrum of MRI findings, and imaging predictors of outcome can help render a precise imaging diagnosis and can provide evidence-based prognostic information.
- Clinicoradiologic mismatch
- Spinal cord injury without CT evidence of trauma (SCIWORCTET)
- Spinal cord injury without radiographic abnormality (SCIWORA)
- Spinal cord injury without radiographic evidence of trauma (SCIWORET)
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Radiology Nuclear Medicine and imaging