Economic sector analysis of China's 100 largest companies

Daniel Berg, Norman G. Einspruch

Research output: Chapter in Book/Report/Conference proceedingConference contribution

Abstract

A database of China's 100 largest companies was analyzed to reveal the relative presence of these companies in the Goods and Services Sectors. 60% of the companies were identified with the Goods Sector and the remaining 40% with the Services Sector. The data were further analyzed to expose the very significant participation in the metals industries, specifically steel making and forming. Implications of these observations are further discussed.

Original languageEnglish (US)
Title of host publication5th International Conference Service Systems and Service Management - Exploring Service Dynamics with Science and Innovative Technology, ICSSSM'08
DOIs
StatePublished - Sep 26 2008
Externally publishedYes
Event5th International Conference on Service Systems and Service Management, ICSSSM'08 - Melbourne, Australia
Duration: Jun 30 2008Jul 2 2008

Publication series

Name5th International Conference Service Systems and Service Management - Exploring Service Dynamics with Science and Innovative Technology, ICSSSM'08

Other

Other5th International Conference on Service Systems and Service Management, ICSSSM'08
CountryAustralia
CityMelbourne
Period6/30/087/2/08

Keywords

  • China's largest companies
  • Economic sector analysis
  • Goods - Services sector
  • Intellectual property

ASJC Scopus subject areas

  • Computer Networks and Communications
  • Control and Systems Engineering

Fingerprint Dive into the research topics of 'Economic sector analysis of China's 100 largest companies'. Together they form a unique fingerprint.

Cite this