Based on the recently proposed unified theory of coherence and polarization of random electromagnetic beams, we have derived formulae describing changes in the state of polarization of a random electromagnetic beam propagating through tissue. A so-called electromagnetic Gaussian Schell-model beam is used to illustrate the theory. The results may find possible applications in tissue imaging.
- Random electromagnetic beam
- State of polarization
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Electronic, Optical and Magnetic Materials
- Atomic and Molecular Physics, and Optics
- Physical and Theoretical Chemistry
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering